END IT Alabama is a project of the Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force.
House Joint Resolution 270 sponsored by former Representative Jack Williams (R-Vestavia Hills) passed the Alabama legislature in March 2014.
Former Governor Robert Bentley (R-Tuscaloosa) signed the resolution in April 2014 to establish the Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force.
The Task Force meets once a quarter at the Alabama State House. Meetings are open to the public.
The purpose and agenda of the Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force includes all of the following:
1) To combat all aspects of human trafficking, including sex trafficking and labor trafficking.
2) To pursue a comprehensive response to crimes of human trafficking.
3) To coordinate strategies to provide necessary services for victims of human trafficking.
4) To focus prevention efforts to end the demand for human trafficking and create awareness through education and community initiatives.
5) To develop legislation to prevent, intervene, and treat human trafficking.
TASK FORCE MEMBERS
Pat McCay, Chair - North Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force
Audrey Jordan, Vice-Chair - Alabama Attorney General's Office
Doug Heath - Alabama Department of Human Resources
Denson Clark - Alabama Governor's Office
Trisha Mellberg - Alabama Office of Prosecution Services
Tara Ratz - Middle District of Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force
Jasmine Greene - Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
Brian McVeigh - Alabama District Attorney's Association
Tami Culver - Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries
Adam Strickland - Alabama Department of Labor
Sallye Longshore - Alabama Department of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention
Lynn Bius - Alabama Network of Children's Advocacy Centers
Susan Crowther - Alabama State Department of Education
OPEN - Alabama Association of County Commissioners
Arnold Mooney - Alabama House of Representatives
Kirsten Barnes - Alabama Senate Minority Caucus
Carrie Hill - Jefferson County Family Court
Apreill Hartsfield - VOICES for Alabama's Children
Carole Barfield - Alabama League of Municipalities
Thomas Wright - Juvenile Court Judge
Dr. Kara Huls - Children's Hospital of Alabama
William Bostick - Circuit Judge